JP Hovercraft, Electric Bass from Outer Space, signed up for Bacon Fat, stuck around for The Heavenly Jukebox and helped Max corral the Gorillas. Since the early recordings, JP has performed extensively with the brilliant Joe Hall and the Continental Drift as well as Rita Chiarelli and many others and is also front-man and lead vocalist for his own rockin' bluesy band Rezonator whose second CD is on the horizon.
Cris Cuddy is a Grammy nominated songwriter who started out in the folkie era recording two LP's as Jeremy Dormouse with some talented friends, but after hearing Bobby Watson and Buzz Thompson he was inspired to move on to rock and blues, and Max Mouse and the Gorillas. Cris has recorded numerous solo CD's. His songs have been recorded by Canada's legendary Prairie Oyster and IBMA winning bluegrass artists Claire Lynch, Jim Hurst & the Spinney Bros.
Jimmy (Jimbo Lewis) Leslie, the King of the Jungle Drums propelled the transition through Uncle Bobby’s Aerial Ballet and on to Max Mouse and the Gorillas. He adds the solid frenetic energy to JP’s funky bass and helps create the dancing fervor which has made Max and the Gorillas a dance-hall favorite over the years. Jimmy is the heartbeat of the Gorillas. He has also recorded with renowned artists Michael Behnan and Dennis O'Toole.
Bobby Watson's vocals and powerful guitar add emotion to the Gorillas performances. His career highlights include stints with Ottawa's Ensemble, backing artists like his pal Colleen Peterson, and also Capitol Records artists Coyote as well as lending his name to Uncle Bobby's Aerial Ballet. After a detour to play the blues in Memphis where he was well received on Beale Steet, Bobby recorded a Solo CD with Jackson Delta and a new one “From the East Side” with producer Greg Wells.
Clifford is working to save the planet for rock and roll (R&B blues) - an endangered species. He has been a sideman for Peterborough piano man Rob Phillips over the decades, and he is a regular at Crash and Burn Mondays, where he often plays his newfound love, a 1959 Supro Comet lap steel. He is proud to be a sometimes Gorilla.
Always a Gorilla in our hearts.
Gone but never forgotten.
* Aug 18, Muddy's Pit BBQ, Keene, ON
* July 21, Riverview Park & Zoo Gazebo, Peterborough, ON
* June 15, The PMBA Birthday Bash, Dr J's, Peterborough, ON
* Moody's, Millbrook, ON, April 20, 2019
* Keen Centre for the Arts, Keene, ON, May 3, 2019
* The Cobourg Food and Music Festival, July 7, 2018
* The Black Horse, April 13, 2018
* The Red Dog, Feb 10, 2018 - Fundraiser for
Lakefield Animal Welfare Society- $1200 raised
* The Red Dog, Dec 9, 2017
Fundraiser for Operation Catnip - $450 raised
* The Venue, Nov 19, 2017 - Benefit for Ricky Young.
* The Spill - Oct 7, 2017
Fundraiser for Turtle Trauma Centre - $250 raised.
* The Spill - Sept 2, 2017
Fundraiser for ARK - $345 raised.
* Dr Js - PMBA Blues Jam - July 15, 2017
* Peterborough Ribfest - July 8, 2017
* The Spill - July 1, 2017
Fundraiser for Safe Haven for Refugees - $275 raised.
* The Spill - June 3, 2017
Fundraiser for Yes Youth and Family Shelter - $400 raised.
* The Spill - May 6, 2017 - Fundraiser for Peterborough
Rock Camp for Girls - $450 raised.
* The Spill - April 1, 2017 - Fundraiser for Kawartha Lakes
Animal Wellness Society - $705 raised
* The Historic Red Dog Tavern - Feb 12, 2017 - Fundraiser
for Lakefield Animal Welfare Society - $1800 raised
* The Spill - Dec 31, 2016
Fundraiser for Operation Catnip - $755 raised
* The Spill - Nov 19, 2016
* The Spill - Oct 8, 2016
* Killaloe Arts Festival - Aug 6, 2016
* The Spill - July 30, 2016
* The Historic Red Dog Tavern - July 16, 2016
As Max says: “Come to listen, come to dance, All you gotta do is take a chance”
“Tortured-with-a-twist-honkey-soul-twang” ...a voice equal to the power of the writing. Four stars."
(Glenn O'Brien - Andy Warhol's Interview Magazine)